Finca El Cedro is the name of the farm owned by Nilson Silva Diaz. It is located in the Jusiva sector in the Lonya Grande District. Lonya Grande is situatied in the Utcubamba province, in the well known coffeegrowing region in the north of Peru.
The farm sits on the right shore of the Maranon river on the lush rising slopes of the Amazonian Andes. This region is blessed with a particular micro-climate, nutrient rich soil and native shade growing conditions that all together contribute to create an ideal terroir to grow high quality lots.
El Cedro is placed at an altitude that range between 1600 and 1800 MASL (meters above sea-level) and the whole area is rich in water tables that provide abundant fresh clean water to the farm for the irrigation. Nilson runs the farm with the help of his family following the traditional practices of little smallholders in the area, which he learned from his father whom has been producing coffee on the farm for many decades. In this small town growing coffee has been the main economical mean for most of, if not, all the families, which are implementing and developing great practices due to the sharing of knowledge amongst villagers.
Nilson acquired these Geisha seedlings from the Cooperativa Agraria Cafetalera PROCECAM of which is one of the founders and partners. With this batch he managed to sow two hectares in the April of 2017. This has been the second harvest from the patch. From 2021 onwards, Nilson is planning to start submitting the lots of Geisha that he grows in national and international competitions, such as the Cup of Excellence, also trying to motivate other smallholders in the area to start growing high quality varieties to improve their income and provide better living standards for their families. In 2019 Nilson already reached the 13th place in this competition (Cup of Excellence)!
– Variety: Geisha, 100% Arabica
– Cupping score: 89.75 !
– Altitude: 1600 – 1800m
– Processing method: natural
– Tasting notes: Complex tropical flavors (such as mango, papaya, dried coconut), blueberry, notes of violette-candies, a hint of ahorn sirup with a full, round and buttery mouthfeel.
– Quantity: 150 gr or 300 gr beans
– Our coffee bags are 100% recyclable, produced CO2-neutral and can be disposed of in the plastic waste (in Belgium: PMD-bag). More info about our packaging choices will follow soon in a blogpost. Also check out our CoffeeVac containers, which we sell to shop without the use of packaging from us. When using this system (only possible for pick up- or personal delivery-orders), you earn a discount (saver-system) of 1€ per ordered 250gr/150gr coffee beans.
– These beas are roasted on 100% green energy (solar + wind).
Foremost, we choose to supply beans. After 15 minutes the aromas of ground coffee are gone. We can grind on request, but it is not something we offer as standard. More info?Click here.
In our webshop you can also find our range of manual and electrical grinders.