The ‘Mujeres de Hichozal’-blend is a mix of beans from the different female producers of the Aruco-group. Among them also some of our producers of the tasty beans from last year, like Karla Marlen Orellana.
The blend has been put together to highlight the role of women in the coffee-supplychain. The goals was to offer a cost efficient, but high quality coffee on a larger scale, which helps these women to reach a larger audience.
The mix is made out of beans from 6 producers. After the picking and sorting, the berries are brought over to the Aruco-mill, where they undergo a maceration (fermentation in an oxygen-poor environment). After that they will be dried natural, but the drying will be streched a bit longer in time. This prolongated fermentation results in a coffee that has more sweetness and has a fruity, red fruit-character.
– Variety: mixed single origin, 100% Arabica
– Cupping score: 87,25 !
– Altitude: 1200 – 1450m
– Method: macerated natural
– Notes: balanced, red fruit, blueberry, creamy chocolate finish.
– Quantity: 250 gr or 500 gr beans
– Our coffee bags are 100% recyclable, produced CO2-neutral and can be disposed of in the plastic waste (in Belgium: PMD-bag). More info about our packaging choices will follow soon in a blogpost. Also check out our CoffeeVac containers, which we sell to shop without the use of packaging from us. When using this system (only possible for pick up- or personal delivery-orders), you earn a discount (saver-system) of 1€ per ordered 250gr/150gr coffee beans.
– These beas are roasted on 100% green energy (solar + wind).
We choose to sell whole beans, because after 15 minutes the aroma’s in ground coffee will have been mostly evaporated. More info?Click here.
This coffee we grind for filter. If you want your coffee to be ground, select ‘ground coffee’ when adding this product to the basket.
In our webshop you can find our range of hand grinders and electric grinders.