Danisa is the name of the Sub Kebele hamlet where these 37 farmers are from. The average farm is about 3.35 hectare. The coffee grows under the foliage of local, native trees, lika most Guji coffees in that region. The fertile red soilis made up out of clay and loam.
All farmers are trained in agronomy and post-harvest processing techniques by the “King of Guji”, Ture Waji, who also manages the processing stations. Unique to these processing stations, including Danisa’s, is the structured way of working: each day-lot is traced by means of labeling and is kept separate from each other. Each label describes the specific delivery time and drying start time, as well as the daily relative humidity values. This way they guarantee a slow, even drying, the fine quality and a long life of the coffee.
– Variety: Gibirinna & Serto (74110 & 74112), 100% Arabica
– Cupping score: 88 !
– Teelhoogte: 2000 – 2150m
– Processing method: natural
– Notes: Mixed berries, bergamot, Mon Chéri, balanced, zoet, creamy, subtle bergamot aftertaste
– Quantity: 250 gr or 500 gr beans
– Our coffee bags are 100% recyclable, produced CO2-neutral and can be disposed of in the plastic waste (in Belgium: PMD-bag). More info about our packaging choices will follow soon in a blogpost. Also check out our CoffeeVac containers, which we sell to shop without the use of packaging from us. When using this system (only possible for pick up- or personal delivery-orders), you earn a discount (saver-system) of 1€ per ordered 250gr/150gr coffee beans.
– These beas are roasted on 100% green energy (solar + wind).
– Certificate of the green beans:
Foremost, we choose to supply beans. After 15 minutes the aromas of ground coffee are gone. We can grind on request, but it is not something we offer as standard. More info?Click here.
In our webshop you can also find our range of manual and electrical grinders.